- Good for your heart
- Reduce inflammation
- Aid in digestive health
- Brain function increased
- Immunity booster
- Liver health
- Cancer fighting properties
- Lowers risk of heart disease
- Eye health
There are many ways to eat them... my favorite and probably the easiest would be just plain ole roasting. It's pretty hard to BEET, hot out of the oven roasted goodness. You can also eat them RAW, STEAMED, PICKLED, KVASS (fermented beet juice), and the list goes on.
Quick & easy roasting
1. Pre-Heat: Heat your oven to 400°F
2. Prepare: Trim the leafy tops and scrub the beets thoroughly (we will cover those super nutritious leafy tops in another FTH..I won't push it.. :) Sprinkle with Olive Oil and salt and pepper, then loosely wrap in aluminum foil. Size matters, Try to make all your beets equal in size.. (cut large beets in half)
3. Roast: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper to catch drips and roast beets for 50-60 minutes. They are done when a fork or skewer slides easily to the center.
This is an amazing make ahead vegetable - Store in the refrigerator for up to a week after roasting.. you can even freeze them!
Oh, another tip...Don't wear white while preparing, roasting, peeling, storing, eating, etc.. I'm sure you get the point.. lol